- Drumstick leaves(muringayila) – 4 cup
- Red cow peas(mampayar/vanpayar) – 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Shallots – 3
- Green chilly – 2
- curry leaves
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- soak red cowpeas overnight. Next day boil with little salt and turmeric powder.
- Crush together coconut,green chilly,shallot,curry leaves and green chilly .
- Heat oil in a pan. splutter mustard seeds.Add drumstick leaves and saute for 5 minutes.
- Then add the boiled cowpeas, coconut paste and stir well until dry.