- Pumpkin – 250 gms
- Grated Coconut – 3/4 th of a coconut
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds(jeerakam) – 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chilly – 3
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal(uzhunnu parippu) – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Cut pumpkin(use golden yellow colored pumpkin) into medium cube pieces and boil with turmeric powder and salt.
- Grate 1/2 of a coconut and grind with cumin seeds into a fine paste.
- Add the coconut paste to previously cooked pumpkin and boil until it reaches thick in consistency.Turn off the heat.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, cumin seeds,dry red chilly and urad dal and once it is done add the seasoning to it.
- In another pan, heat oil and add the remaining grated coconut and saute till golden brown in color. Add this to erisseri and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Mathan Erissery,