This chicken curry is prepared by marinating chicken with spicy masala and curd mix.This goes great with roti or rice.
- Chicken – 1kg
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder-1 tbsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds(jeerakam) –1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds(perum jeerakam) –1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds(uluva) – 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom –3
- Cinnamon stick– 2 “ piece
- Onion(finely chopped) –2
- Ginger- 2 1/2 “ piece
- Green chilly – 2
- Curd – 3/4 cup
- Lime juice-2 tsp
- Onion(for frying,small) -1
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Clean and cut chicken into medium size pieces.
- For marinating chicken, make a fine paste by grinding ingredients numbered 2 to 11 with little water.
- Grind ginger,green chilly,onion into a coarse paste.
- Transfer both the paste into a bowl. add curd,lime juice,salt,ghee to it and mix well.
- Marinate chicken with this mix and keep aside for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat a pan and cook chicken on medium flame.While cooking, chicken will release its own juice and once it is cooked well there will be gravy.So no need to add extra water.
- Heat ghee(1tbsp) in a pan and fry onion till brown.
- Garnish with fried onions.
- Serve with rice or roti.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Peshwari Chicken,