Paal payasam is traditionally prepared using milk,rice and sugar.It is usually served during festivals like vishu,Onam or birthday celebrations.
- Unakkalari(Payasam Rice/Brown rice) – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 litre
- Water –1/2 litre
- Ghee –1 tbsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan,boil milk with water.once it starts to boil add rice to it and let it cook on medium flame.
- Once rice is half cooked,add sugar to it and stir well continuously.Once rice is soft and thick in consistency, switch off the flame.
- Add ghee to it and mix.Serve warm.
- You can add sugar according to your taste.
- We don’t add cashew,raisins or cardamom powder while making paaal payasam.If brown rice is not available, you can use basmati rice.
and Dish name starts with p hosted by Akhila
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Paal Payasam (Milk Kheer),