This is a chettinad style paneer curry prepared using spicy and aromatic masala.This goes well with rice or roti.
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Onion(chopped,medium) – 1
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Peppercorns – 6
- Garlic – 2
- Cardamom –1
- Clove – 2
- Cinnamon stick –1/4” piece
- Cumin seeds –1/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds –1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds(uluva) – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds(perumjeerakam) – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and fry paneer cubes till light brown.Soak fried paneer in cold water to keep soft.otherwise it will be hard after frying.
- Roast grated coconut,peppercorns,garlic(chopped),cloves,cardamom,fennel seeds,cinnamon stick,cumin seeds,coriander seeds,fenugreek seeds.Once aroma comes, add red chilly powder and stir well.
- Immediately remove from fire to avoid burning.Let it cool and grind it to a fine paste adding little amount of water..
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute chopped onions till light brown.
- Add the masala paste to it.Add salt to it.Stir well and once the oil clears,add 1/2 cup of water and cook.
- Once it starts to boil,add fried paneer cubes to it and mix.cover and cook for 2 minutes to get mixed with the masala
- Remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Chettinad Paneer Masala,