This curry is prepared using chick pea and spinach in a spicy green paste..It is healthy and easy to make.This curry goes well with roti or chappathi.
- Kabuli chana/chick peas – 1 cup
- Onion (chopped) – 1
- Spinach leaves (chopped) – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1” piece
- Garlic – 6
- Green chilly -3
- Cumin seeds (jeerakam) –1/2 tsp
- Peppercorns- 1/4 tsp
- Curd – 1 cup
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves(finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Mint (pudina) leaves (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Ghee –1tsp
- Oil –2tsp
- soak chick peas in water for 5-6 hours.Pressure cook with little salt and keep aside.
- For green masala,Grind together green chilly ginger,garlic,coriander leaves, mint leaves with curd.
- Heat oil and ghee . Add cumin seeds, pepper corns and once it starts to splutter and nice aroma comes,add chopped onions to it and fry till onions turn golden brown in color.
- Add chopped spinach to it and saute well.
- Add boiled chick peas to it and stir well for 1-2 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder to it and mix well.
- Finally add the green masala paste to it.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve with roti or chappathi.
Recipe Source:Vanitha Magazine
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Hara Chana Masala/Hara Chole Masala/Green Chick Peas Masala,