This is a different style of spicy mushroom masala prepared using spices in a rich and thick gravy. This tastes best with roti.
- Button Mushroom – 1 cup
- Capsicum (chopped,red/green) – 1/2 cup
- Onion(Finely chopped) – 1
- Tomato(finely chopped) –1
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Green Chilly – 1
- Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds(perum jeerakam) powder –1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1tsp
- Cashewnut or Almond paste – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leave s- to garnish
- Clean the mushrooms and cut into 4 pieces. Marinate mushrooms with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder,1 tsp red chilly powder,1 tsp pepper powder ,1/2 tsp fennel seeds powder and salt. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat little oil in a pan. Stir fry the marinated mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes till mushrooms turn light brown.Transfer it to a bowl.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add capsicum to it and saute on medium flame for 2 minutes.Transfer the sauteed capsicum into a bowl.
- In the same pan, heat oil and saute ginger garlic paste, chopped onions and once onion turns light brown add finely chopped tomato to it.
- Mix turmeric powder,red chilly powder,coriander powder,fennel seeds powder,cumin powder with water to make a paste. This is to avoid burning of spice powders while adding to the pan.
- Add the paste to it and mix well.Add cashewnut paste to it .Stir well.
- Add sauteed mushrooms and capsicum cubes to it.Add little amount of water to it.Cover and cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Spicy Mushroom-Capsicum Masala/Khumb-Shimla Mirch Masala/Koon-Capsicum Masala,