i wish all my readers a happy and prosperous Vishu.
Aviyal is a traditional recipe of Kerala and no sadhya is complete without aviyal.:)
- Beans(cut lengthwise) – 1/2 cup
- Drumstick(cut lenthwise,medium) – 2
- Carrot – 3
- Plantain/Raw Banana – 2
- Elephant Yam – 1/4 cup
- Snake Gourd – 1/4 cup
- String Beans -1/2 cup
- Bitter Gourd -1/4 cup
- Ash gourd -1/4 cup
- Tindora(kovakka) – 1/4 cup
- Green Chilly -5
- Turmeric Powder -1 tsp
- Chilly Powder –1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curd(sour) – 2 cup
- Coconut(grated) -1 cup
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves – a bunch
- Salt – as per taste
- Clean and cut all the vegetables lengthwise.
- Boil the vegetables with turmeric ,chilly powder, salt and little water.
- Grind grated coconut,green chilly, cumin seeds, a pinch of turmeric powder and curry leaves together to make a coarse paste.
- Once the vegetables are properly cooked, add curd to it and stir well.
- Then add coconut paste and mix well. cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the raw smell goes,Turn off the stove
- Add coconut oil mixed with water to it.
- Garnish with curry leaves
- Serve with Rice.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Kerala Style Aviyal,