Baby Kai lan is quite common in Chinese and Thai cuisine. it is either stir fried with ginger and garlic and boiled or steamed and served with oyster sauce.it tastes bitter,but adding garlic and oyster sauce to it reduces the bitterness.Whenever we go to Thai or Chinese restaurants, we order this dish and i love to have this leafy vegetable with Thai rice. This is simple and easy to prepare.
- Baby Kai Lan(rinse and trim the edges) – 300 gms
- Garlic (chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Oyster Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan.saute chopped garlic till light brown.
- Add kai lan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.Once the leaves are cooked, add oyster sauce and mix well.
- Serve with Rice.
This entry goes to Serve it-Stir Fried hosted by Krithi and Denny’s.
Chilly Paneer is a indo-Chinese dish and it is prepared using deep fried paneer cubes,capsicums in a hot and tangy sauce.This is quick and easy to make and goes well with fried rice.
- Paneer cubes-250gms
- Egg – 1
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Plain flour ( Maida) – 1/2 cup
- Vegetable cube (i used Maggi cubes for making stock) – 1
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Green chilly – 3
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Chilly sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1tbsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp or u can add ajinomoto
- Capsicum(small,chopped) – 1
- Spring onion/curry leaves – to garnish
- Make a batter with pepper powder, beaten egg, maida, vegetable stock(or water ),ginger-garlic paste and salt.Another method is to make a batter with maida, ginger-garlic paste,corn flour ,pepper powder and salt.
Dip paneer pieces in the batter and fry in oil till light brown.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions,ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, chopped capsicum and saute well.
- Add Vegetable stock, soy sauce,chilly sauce, tomato sauce to it and stir well.
- Mix 1 tbsp corn flour with 5tbsps of water and add to it. Add fried paneer cubes,salt to it.Stir well and cook till dry.
- Add sugar to it and mix.
- Garnish with curry leaves or spring onions.
- Serve with Fried rice.
Thai pineapple fried rice is common in Thai cuisine and this is one of my favorite. whenever we go to Thai restaurant,we always order this fried rice.This is easy to make and if you love to cook ,you can make this restaurant style food at home. Hope you all will try this colorful and yummy fried rice.Enjoy!
- Pineapple (cut into small pieces) – 1/2 cup
- Thai fragrant Rice – 1 cup
- Onion(chopped) –1
- Garlic (chopped) –4
- Green Chilly(chopped) –1
- Green Peas(boiled) 1/4 cup
- Prawns – 10
- Curry Powder – 1tsp
- Egg – 1
- Cashewnuts(fried) – 10
- raisins – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce or fish sauce – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Spring onion –3 Sprigs
- Coriander leaves – 1tbsp
- In a rice cooker, Add rice and water in equal amounts(1:1 ratio)and leave to cook automatically.Remove and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add chopped onions,chopped garlic,green chilly and saute well.
- Add prawns to it and stir till dry.
- Add curry powder,beaten egg and stir well so as to get the egg scrambled well.
- Add pineapple pieces( I used the canned one),fried cashewnuts,raisins,boiled green peas,soy sauce,sugar ,spring onion and coriander leaves and cooked rice to it
- Stir gently to get mixed well.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- it is usually served in a pineapple shell.since I used the canned pineapple chunks,I served on a plate.
- If you are vegetarian. you can avoid prawns,egg and substitute with vegetables like cauliflower,carrot.