Ammachi Chicken Roast/Naadan kozhi Roast
This is prepared by marinating chicken in spices and coconut milk and then fried in coconut oil.Adding coconut milk makes a mouthwatering chicken roast. This is a must try and can be served during special occasions.
- Chicken (boneless,cut into cubes) – 250 gms
- Turmeric powder-2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilly powder- 1tbsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Coconut milk(thick) – 1/4 cup
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon stick – a small piece
- Cardamom –1
- Garlic(chopped) – 1 tsp
- Ginger(chopped) – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly(slit lengthwise) – 3
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Tomato (chopped) –1
- Chicken stock – 1/4 cup
- Coconut bits(thengakothu) – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds powder- 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Coconut oil – for frying
- For marinating chicken,,In a bowl mix 1tsp turmeric pwoder,2 tsp red chilly powder,1 tsp coriander powder, 3 tbsp coconut milk,salt and add chicken pieces to it and mix well using hand.Keep in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.Fry chicken pieces .Also fry curry leaves in the oil.
- Take another pan and heat 2 tbsp oil(use the same oil we used for frying chicken)add clove,cinnamon,cardamom and once nice aroma comes,add coconut bits to it.
- Add Garlic,ginger,green chilly chopped onions and saute well.
- Once onion turns brown,add chopped tomato and once it is sautéed well,add chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder mixed with little water to it and stir well.This is to avoid burning of spice powders.
- Add chicken stock to it.let it boil.
- Add fried chicken pieces to the masala.Mix well to get coated with the masala.
- Add remaining coconut milk to it.Mix well.
- Finally add fennel seeds powder to it.cook on low flame till dry.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves.serve with rice as side dish.