This is a healthy and easy recipe of carrot kichadi.this can be served as side dish for rice.here I used curd chilly instead of dry red chilly for seasoning and it gives a nice taste to the kichadi.
- Carrot(grated) – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Ginger- 1” piece
- Green chilly – 4
- Cumin seeds(jeerakam) – 1/4 tsp
- Shallots – 1
- Curd Chilly(thairu mulaku) – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- wash and peel off the outer skin of carrots. Grate it.
- Chop ginger and green chilly into fine pieces.
- Grind coconut,cumin,shallots into a fine paste with some amount of curd.Try not to add water while grinding.
- Transfer the coconut paste to a bowl and add the remaining curd to it. Mix well.
- Add grated carrots,finely chopped ginger, green chilly,salt to it and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds, curd chilly,curry leaves and add the seasonings to the above mix.
- Serve with rice.