This curry is prepared by making omelette and cooked in spices and coconut milk.It goes well with rice or roti.
For Making Omelette:
- Egg – 4
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Green Chilly – 3
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 tsp
- Celery – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
For Masala Paste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder –1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder –2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder –1/2 tsp
- Cashewnuts(make a paste) – 25 gms
- Ginger – 1 “ piece.
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Tomato (chopped) – 2
- Green chilly – 3
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Coconut milk(thick) – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk (Thin) – 2 cups
- Make a paste of fennel seeds,coriander powder,red chilly powder,turmeric powder,garam masala,and ginger.
- In a bowl, add onion,green chilly,pepper pwoder,salt,coriander leaves,celery and eggs.beat well and make omelettes.cut omelette lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute chopped onions,tomatoes,green chilly and once it is done,add masala paste to it.
- once the raw smell goes,add thin coconut milk to it and stir well. let it boil.Add cashewnut paste mixed with thick coconut milk to it.Add it to the masala.
- Finally add omelette pieces to it and mix well.let it cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.serve with Rice or Roti.
Horse gram is a type of legume which is high in proteins and it can be added to our diet on a regular basis.I have read in a healthy magazine that regular intake helps to reduce cholesterol and lose weight.hope u all love this easy and simple chammanthi recipe which goes well with rice or porridge.
- Horse gram-2 tbsp
- Dry red Chilly- 6
- Urad dal/uzhunnu parippu –1 tsp
- Garlic –2
- Mustard seeds –1/2 tsp
- Tamarind – a small piece
- curry leaves
- Grated coconut –1 cup
- Heat a pan and dry roast horse gram till brown on low flame.Don’t let it burn.
- Add dry red chilly,urad dal,mustard seeds to the pan and dry roast it.
- Grind the roasted items along with grated coconut,tamarind,salt and curry leaves.Add little water to it while grinding. the chammanthi should be thick,not watery.
- serve with rice or Porridge.
This is a popular Mughal dish prepared using chicken in a rich and creamy sauce.This goes great with roti or Rice
- Chicken(cut into medium cubes) – 1 1/2 kg
- Curd – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder-3/4 tsp
- Ghee –3 tbsp
- Garlic(chopped) –1 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger(chopped) –1 1/2 tbsp.
- Onion(chopped) –3
- Red chilly powder-2 tsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Garam Masala –1 tsp.
- Kasoori Methi Powder- 1 tsp
- Fresh cream-1 cup
- Water(boiled) –1 cup
- Almonds – 10
- Cashewnuts –15
- Coriander leaves –to garnish
- Marinate chicken with curd,turmeric powder and salt.Mix well using hands.Keep aside for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan.Add chopped ginger,garlic,chopped onion and saute well.Once onion turns light brown in color,add red chilly powder,coriander powder,1/2 tsp garam masala powder and kasoori methi powder.
- Add marinated chicken to it and mix well.
- Add hot water to it.cover and cook on medium flame till chicken is fully cooked.
- Add 1 cup fresh cream to it.stir well.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala powder,almonds and cashewnuts to it. Mix well.
- Add coriander leaves to it.Mix.
- Remove from fire.
- Serve with rice or Roti.
Recipe Source: Magic Oven