Kadathanattu Chicken is popular in a place called vadakara ,northern part of Kerala. I got this recipe from “Pachamulaku” cookery show.This is a unique and different style of preparation. Hope you all love this..
- Chicken( cut into medium cubes) – 500 gms
- Ginger – 2” piece
- Garlic – 15
- Green Chilly – 4
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 2tbsp
- Onion(finely chopped,cut lengthwise) – 2
- Onion(cut into cubes) – 1
- Capsicum(cut into medium cubes) – 1
- Tomato (Take pulp and grind it into juice) – 2
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Chilly Sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves(finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves(chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Grind ginger,garlic and green chilly into a coarse paste. squeeze out the juice and keep aside. Don’t discard the coarse paste mix.
- Marinate chicken with red chilly powder,Kashmiri chilly powder,ginger-garlic-green chilly juice,and salt.set aside for 1 hour.shallow fry chicken pieces till done.
- In the mean time, fry chopped onions till crispy and brown.
- Then saute onions cubes in the oil(the same we used for frying chicken) till light brown.
- Add fried chicken pieces, ginger-garlic-green chilly coarse mix,capsicum,tomato juice,pepper powder and mix well.
- Add chilly sauce,tomato sauce,curry leaves and coriander leaves.Check for salt and add if needed.stir well and cook till dry.
- Remove from fire.
- Serve with Rice or Roti.
This is a quick and easy spicy chicken dish with less ingredients available in your pantry.This recipe is adapted from a cookery show and because of the interesting dish name I wanted to give it a try. Adding shallots and Coconut oil gives good flavor and extra taste. This goes well with rice or roti.
- Chicken(cut into cubes) – 1/2 kg
- Shallots(chopped ,25 nos) – 1 cup
- Ginger –garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Green Chilly – 6
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 2
- Curry leaves – 10 leaves
- Coconut oil – 1/2 cup
- In a bowl add all the ingredients except tomato pieces and mix well using hand.
- Heat a wide bottomed pan and transfer the mix to it. Don’t add water.cover and cook on low flame till chicken pieces are cooked well ..you can use dry red chilly instead of green chilly if you like.
- Finally add tomato pieces to it and mix well. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes to get mixed well the masala.
- Serve with rice or roti.
This is a indo-Chinese spicy chicken dish that goes well with fried rice or roti as side dish or as an appetizer during birthday parties.
- Chicken breast (boneless,cut into small cubes) – 1/2 kg
- All Purpose flour/Maida- 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Egg white – 1
- Soy sauce – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Chilly sauce – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilly flakes – 1 tbsp
- capsicum(cut lengthwise,green red,yellow) -
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Ginger –garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Dry red Chilly – 4
- Cashew nuts – 6
- Pepper powder(white) – 1 tsp
- Red chilly paste – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 pinch
- spring onion – 2
- Vegetable Oil
- For preparing batter,In a bowl, add maida,corn flour,1 tbsp soy sauce.1 tsp chilly sauce ,1 tbsp ginger garlic paste,egg white and salt.marinate the chicken pieces in batter for sometime .Fry in oil till golden brown.Use only vegetable oil for frying.don’t use coconut oil as it will spoil the taste of the dish,;-(
- Heat oil in a pan.Add dry red chilly,chopped onions,ginger garlic paste, cashewnuts and saute well.
- Add capsicum ,1/2 tbsp soy sauce,chilly paste,and white pepper powder to it and mix well.
- Finally add fried chicken pieces,sugar and spring onions. Mix well.
- Dragon chicken is ready to serve with fried rice or Roti.