Chembhu Thal Pachadi/Taro Stem Pachadi
I tried stir fry with taro stem and this time going to share a recipe of making pachadi.
- Taro stem(chop into small pieces) – 1 cup
- Grated coconut- 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds- 11/2 tsp
- Green chilly – 2
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil
- Dry red chilly –2
- Curry leaves
- Grind grated coconut,mustard seeds(1 tsp) ,green chilly, curd into a fine paste.Keep aside.
- Peel off the outer skin of taro stem and chop into small pieces.while cutting stem, apply a little oil to the palms to avoid itching.
- Boil water and add chopped taro stem,salt to it.
- Cover and cook on medium flame for 4-5 minutes till cooked well.let it cool.
- Add the curd mix to it and mix well.
- Heat oil.splutter mustard seeds,dry red chilly ,curry leaves. Add the seasonings to the curd mix.
- Pachadi is ready to serve with rice as side dish.