Kadai Paneer (Cottage Cheese with Capsicum)
Today when I opened my refrigerator, all I could find was some capsicum and realized that it’s time again to refill it with fresh vegetables. Since I had to prepare something for the dinner and it was too late to go to market, I started thinking what I could make just using capsicum. Suddenly, I realized that I had bought some ready made paneer cubes couple of weeks ago which could be an excellent add-on to make a rich kadai paneer. Kadai Paneer is a typical Punjabi dish and it is normally prepared in a kadai. Adding capsicum and kasoori methi powder gives it a rich aroma and serves as a great combo with any type of Indian breads.
- Paneer (cut into cubes) – 250gms
- Onion(chopped) –2
- Tomato (chopped) – 2
- Ginger-garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Capsicum(bell Pepper) – 2
- Kashmiri Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Kasoori methi powder – 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add cumin and once it starts spluttering add ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Then add chopped onions and fry till light brown.Add turmeric powder,red chilly powder,coriander powder and saute well.
- Add chopped tomato and chopped capsicum and cover and cook for 2 minutes.once it start to separate from oil add paneer cubes, kasoori methi powder,garam masala powder,salt to it and mix.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to it and cook till gravy is thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- serve with roti or Naan.
This entry goes to JFI-Paneer.