Kerala Style Chicken Roast/Kozhi Roast
- Chicken(cut into medium cubes) – 1/2 kg
- Onion(cut lengthwise,thinly sliced,medium ) – 2
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pudina leaves (chopped) – 1tsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 tbsp
- kuskus paste –1 tsp
- Lime juice – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Onion(fried) –to garnish
- Potato pieces(cut lengthwise and fried) – 1, to garnish
- Coconut Oil
- Marinate chicken pieces with lime juice,chopped coriander leaves,,chopped pudina,turmeric pwoder,pepper powder,fennel seeds powder and salt.Keep in the fridge for 3 hours to get marinated well.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.Saute thinly sliced onions,curry leaves and once onion starts to turn light brown add red chilly powder,coriander powder,jeera powder mixed with little water and stir well.
- Once the raw smell goes,add ginger –garlic paste ,kusksu paste to it and mix well.
- once oil clears add marinated chicken pieces to it and mix well.
- cover and cook on low flame till done.no need to add water as chicken itself produces water while cooking.
- In the mean time Heat little oil in another pan and fry potato pieces and onion till brown and crispy.
- Once chicken is cooked well and dry, remove from fire.
- Garnish with fried onions and potato slices.