Kicap Chicken-Ayam Masak Kicap-Chicken In Soy Sauce
Kicap chicken is popular in Malaysian cuisine and it is prepared using chicken cooked in dark and sweet soy sauces. This goes well with steamed white rice.
- Chicken (cut into cubes) – 1 kg
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Tomato(chopped) – 2
- Ginger-garlic apOD109328602582045000ste- 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri chilly(piriyan Mulaku ) – 8
- Kashmiri dry chilly – 2
- Peppercorns – 1tsp
- Dark soy Sauce –2 tbsp
- Sweet Soy Sauce(Kicap Manis) – 1 tbsp
- Spring onion – To Garnish
- Capsicum/Bell Pepper(Green,cut lengthwise),carrot (cut lengthwise) – To Garnish
- Peanut Oil
- Clean and wash chicken and cut into medium sized cubes.
- Grind ginger-garlic aOD109328602582045000pste,Kashmiri chilly peppercorns into a fine paste. If you don’t have kashmiri chilly,you can add 1 tbsp kashmiri chilly powder.
- Heat oil (In Malaysian cuisine, they use either peanut or groundnut oil )in a pan. Add dry kashmiri chilly and saute well till light brown.remove from pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan,add chopped onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add chilly paste and cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes.let it dry and color changes to dark red.
- add chopped tomatoes to it and saute well.
- Once it is done,add chicken pieces and stir well to get coated with masala.
- Add dark soy sauce and sweet soy sauce to it and mix well.Check for salt.Add if required.
- Add fried dry red chilly to it and mix.
- cover and cook on low flame without adding water.stir in between.if you need to add water just sprinkle some water and cook.
- once it is cooked well,add vinegar to it and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onions,carrots and capsicum