Meen Ularthiyathu/Kerala style Spicy Fish Stir Fry
If you are tired of making the same old fish curry or fish thoran, try this stir fried spicy fish roast.This is quick and easy to make and goes well with rice as side dish.
- Fish(boneless) – 250 gms
- Onion –1
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chilly – 3
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder –1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder –1 tsp
- Coriander powder –2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut bits (thengakothu) – 1/4 cup
For Marinating fish
- Ginger-garlic paste –2 tsp
- Vinegar – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
- Pepper powder – 1tsp
- red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut Oil
- Marinate fish with the above ingredients listed for marinating.Keep in the refrigerator for 1- 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry fish pieces.
- In the same pan,add 2 tbsp of oil.Saute coconut bits.once it is light brown in color, add chopped onion,ginger-garlic paste ,curry leaves,green chilly and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder,chilly powder,coriander powder and stir well not to get burned.Add vinegar to it.
- Add fried fish pieces and curry leaves to it.Mix well.Add 1/4 cup of water and stir well.Cover and cook till dry.
- Finally add pepper powder to it.
- Remove from fire and serve warm with rice as side dish.
Recipe Source:Ammachiyude Adukkala.