Muthira/Horse Gram Chammanthi
Horse gram is a type of legume which is high in proteins and it can be added to our diet on a regular basis.I have read in a healthy magazine that regular intake helps to reduce cholesterol and lose weight.hope u all love this easy and simple chammanthi recipe which goes well with rice or porridge.
- Horse gram-2 tbsp
- Dry red Chilly- 6
- Urad dal/uzhunnu parippu –1 tsp
- Garlic –2
- Mustard seeds –1/2 tsp
- Tamarind – a small piece
- curry leaves
- Grated coconut –1 cup
- Heat a pan and dry roast horse gram till brown on low flame.Don’t let it burn.
- Add dry red chilly,urad dal,mustard seeds to the pan and dry roast it.
- Grind the roasted items along with grated coconut,tamarind,salt and curry leaves.Add little water to it while grinding. the chammanthi should be thick,not watery.
- serve with rice or Porridge.