Nentrapazham Pulissery/Pazham Pulissery
Pulissery is a traditional dish served during sadhyas or festive occasions.It is a combo of sweet and sour taste and it is prepared using ripe banana in yogurt and coconut sauce.it goes well with Kerala Matta Rice and Pickle.
- Banana/Nentrapazham(ripe,medium,cut into cubes) – 1
- Green Chilly(slit lengthwise) – 4
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder- 1 tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup or 1/2 of coconut
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds(Uluva) – 1/4 tsp
- Yogurt(thick,not too sour) – 2 cups
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilly – 2
- Curry leaves
- Coconut Oil
- In a Pan, Add banana pieces,green chilly,turmeric powder,red chilly powder and salt.Cover and cook till it becomes soft.
- In the mean time grind coconut with cumin seeds into a fine paste.
- Once banana is cooked well, open the lid and add coconut paste.Let it boil.
- Once it starts to boil,add yogurt to it and mix well.don’t let yogurt boil.
- Remove from fire.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds,dry red chilly,fenugreek seeds,curry leaves and add the seasonings to the curry.
- Serve with Rice.