Have you ever made Erissery with bitter gourd?if not,do try this recipe.I am sure all bitter gourd haters will definitely love this.
- Bitter gourd/Pavakka (cut into round pieces) – 2
- Grated Coconut- 1 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
- Rice(dry roasted) – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- urad (uzhunnu)dal –1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilly-2
- Curry leaves
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cut pavakka into medium round pieces. Grind 1 cup grated coconut,pepper,roasted rice into a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Saute pavakka pieces till light brown.Add turmeric powder,red chilly powder,salt and little water. cover and cook on low flame.once it is done,add coconut paste to it and mix well.Let it dry.Remove from fire.
- For the seasoning,Heat oil in pan and splutter mustard seeds,urad dal,dry red chilly,grated coconut(1/4 cup) and curry leaves.
- Add the seasoning to the pavakka mix.
- Pavakka erissery is ready to serve.