Pepper Baby Corn is a Chinese dish which is simple and easy to prepare.It can be served as a starter or side dish with Chinese fried rice.
Baby Corn – 15 nos.
Corn Flour – 2 tsp
All purpose flour/Maida-2 tsp
Onion(finely chopped) – 1 tsp
Crushed Pepper –1 tbsp
Garlic (finely chopped) –1 tsp
Ginger(finely chopped) –1 tsp
Dry Red chilly(crushed) –1 tsp
Soy Sauce –2 tsp
Spring Onion – to garnish
Make a batter with corn flour,Maida and salt.
Dip the baby corn in the batter and deep fry in oil till golden brown in color.
cut the fried baby corns into medium pieces.
Heat oil in a pan.Saute chopped onions,ginger and garlic.Once it is done, add crushed pepper, dry red chilly to it and saute.
Add soy sauce and fried baby corns to it.Mix well.check for salt.As soy sauce and batter contains salt, there is no need to add more salt.
Garnish with finely chopped spring onions.
Serve with fried rice.
Recipe Source: Pachakam Magazine.
Jalfrezi is a type of stir fried curry cooked with spices and vegetables.Jalfrezi comes from the bengali word jhal (means spicy food) and urdu word Parhezi.You can make jalfrez with either vegetables or meat.Baby corn is a common ingredient in Asian cuisine and this jalfrezi is prepared using baby corn and goes great with fried rice.
- Baby Corn – 400 gms
- Onion(chopped) -2
- Tomato(Medium) – 2
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chilly –1
- Turmeric Powder –1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder –1 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeerakam) – 1/4 tsp
- Capsicum(cut lengthwise) – 1
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves(chopped) 1 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Boil Baby corn in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Grind 1 tomato into a paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.Add cumin seeds and once it splutter,add chopped onion ,ginger-garlic paste,green chilly and fry until onions are brown in color.
- Add red chilly powder,turmeric powder,tomato paste ,baby corn and salt.Stir well.cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar to it and mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Heat the remaining oil and saute capsicum and tomato(both cut lengthwise) and keep aside.
- Transfer the curry into a serving plate.Sprinkle garam masala on top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves,fried capsicum and tomato.
- Serve with fried rice.
- Paneer cubes – 200 gms
- Baby Corn – 20 nos.
- Onion (chopped) – 2
- Tomato (big,chopped) – 1
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Cumin(jeera) – 1/4 tsp
- Green chilly – 2
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cashewnut paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Yellow color – a pinch
- Coriander leaves or curry leaves – To garnish
- Fry paneer cubes till light brown and keep aside.soak cashew nuts in warm water for 20 minutes and grind it into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Saute cumin seeds,add chopped onions,green chilly , ginger- garlic paste and fry till brown in color.
- Add all the masala powders and chopped tomatoes and stir until it seperates from oil.
- Then add the paneer cubes,corn, cashew nut paste, salt , a pinch of yellow color and mix well.
- Add little quantity of water and boil for 3- 4 minutes until gravy is done.Garnish with curry leaves.
- Your Makai paneer is ready to serve with chappathi or naan.
Note:If you are using sweet corn then make sure you boil it with salt.