This is a indo-Chinese spicy chicken dish that goes well with fried rice or roti as side dish or as an appetizer during birthday parties.
- Chicken breast (boneless,cut into small cubes) – 1/2 kg
- All Purpose flour/Maida- 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Egg white – 1
- Soy sauce – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Chilly sauce – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilly flakes – 1 tbsp
- capsicum(cut lengthwise,green red,yellow) -
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Ginger –garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Dry red Chilly – 4
- Cashew nuts – 6
- Pepper powder(white) – 1 tsp
- Red chilly paste – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 pinch
- spring onion – 2
- Vegetable Oil
- For preparing batter,In a bowl, add maida,corn flour,1 tbsp soy sauce.1 tsp chilly sauce ,1 tbsp ginger garlic paste,egg white and salt.marinate the chicken pieces in batter for sometime .Fry in oil till golden brown.Use only vegetable oil for frying.don’t use coconut oil as it will spoil the taste of the dish,;-(
- Heat oil in a pan.Add dry red chilly,chopped onions,ginger garlic paste, cashewnuts and saute well.
- Add capsicum ,1/2 tbsp soy sauce,chilly paste,and white pepper powder to it and mix well.
- Finally add fried chicken pieces,sugar and spring onions. Mix well.
- Dragon chicken is ready to serve with fried rice or Roti.
Chicken chukka is easy and yummy to make with the available ingredients in kitchen and goes well with rice or roti.
- Chicken – 1/2 kg
- Grated Coconut –1/2 cup
- Garlic – 20
- Dry red chilly –10
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Pepper corns –1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds –1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds –1 tsp
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Poppy seeds(kuskus) –1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1’ inch piece
- Cloves –2
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Ghee – 3tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.Roast coriander seeds,dry red chilly,pepper,garlic(15),poppy seeds,cinnamon stick,cloves,fennel seeds, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds,1/4 tsp chopped onion and turmeric powder for 2-3 minutes on low flame.Grind it into a paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan.Add cinnamon stick,chopped onion and let it saute.
- In the mean time,Heat oil in another pan .Add grated coconut,cumin seeds,5 garlic to ti and roast it.Grind it to a fine paste.
- Once onion turns light brown,add chicken,3/4th of the spice paste and salt to it.Mix well. Cover and cook without adding water.
- Once chicken is well cooked,add the coconut paste and remaining spice paste to it.Add curry leaves to it.Stir well.
- Roast till all water is evaporated and chicken is dry.
- Serve with rice or roti.
This is a simple and delicious preparation of chicken in a spicy masala.Adding coconut oil enhances the flavor and it tastes great with roti or rice.
Chicken(boneless) – 1 kg
Onion(medium,finely chopped) – 4
Tomato – 2
Ginger paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Kashmiri chilly powder – 2 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
cumin seeds(jeera) – 1 tsp
Curd/Yogurt – 1 cup
Coconut oil – 1/4 cup
wash and clean chicken pieces.Dry roast cumin seeds and grind it into a fine powder.
In a bowl, mix chicken pieces with chopped onions,ginger-garlic paste,turmeric powder,fennel seeds, chilly powder,jeera powder,pepper,garam masala powder,curd ,salt and mix well.
Heat a pan and transfer the chicken mix to the pan.Cover and cook on medium flame without adding water.
Once chicken is cooked well,open the lid and let it cook till gravy is well coated with chicken.Remove from fire.
Heat 1/4 cup coconut oil in a wide bottomed pan.Transfer the chicken mix to it. Stir well and roast the chicken till golden brown.
Garnish with curry leaves.