Baby corn in Palak Gravy
- Spinach(palak) – 2 bunch
- Baby Corn – 10
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato – 2
- Green chilly(chopped) – 3
- Cumin(jeera) powder 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 5
- Soak cashew nuts in warm water and grind it to a fine paste.
- Clean and blanch spinach .make a paste of it.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions,ginger garlic paste,green chilly and saute well
- Add tomato paste and red chilly powder to it and mix.
- once it is done add spinach paste,cumin powder,garam masala powder, salt to it add boil with required amount of water.
- once it starts boiling, add baby corn to it .cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- once gravy becomes dry add cashew nut paste to it and boil again for 5 more minutes on low flame.
- Serve with roti.
Recipe courtesy:Lakshmi Nair
- Paneer cubes – 200 gms
- Baby Corn – 20 nos.
- Onion (chopped) – 2
- Tomato (big,chopped) – 1
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Cumin(jeera) – 1/4 tsp
- Green chilly – 2
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cashewnut paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Yellow color – a pinch
- Coriander leaves or curry leaves – To garnish
- Fry paneer cubes till light brown and keep aside.soak cashew nuts in warm water for 20 minutes and grind it into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Saute cumin seeds,add chopped onions,green chilly , ginger- garlic paste and fry till brown in color.
- Add all the masala powders and chopped tomatoes and stir until it seperates from oil.
- Then add the paneer cubes,corn, cashew nut paste, salt , a pinch of yellow color and mix well.
- Add little quantity of water and boil for 3- 4 minutes until gravy is done.Garnish with curry leaves.
- Your Makai paneer is ready to serve with chappathi or naan.
Note:If you are using sweet corn then make sure you boil it with salt.
- Fresh corn kernels – 4 cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Jeera(cumin) seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Maida (all purpose flour) – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida powder(Hing) – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – A bunch
- Green chilly – 2
- Ginger – small(1″) piece
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Make a green paste of green chilly, ginger, curry leaves, 1/2 tsp jeera, coriander leaves and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, add rest of the cumin and cook until it turns golden brown.
- Add dry red chilly, turmeric powder, hing, and curry leaves. Immediately add green paste and keep flame at low for a while (1-2 minutes).
- Now add the flour and stir cook for couple of minutes and keep scraping the pan to avoid sticking.
- Gradually add milk little by little and mix well
- Add corn and cook until it becomes tender
- Add salt to taste and garnish it with curry leaves
Your corn curry is ready, serve hot with chappathi’s.