Red Velvet Cupcakes are my kids favorite and you can make this for your kids too..This is an easy recipe to make during kids birthday parties and must try for beginners in baking.since I am a novice in decorating cakes ,it doesn’t look perfect like professional bakers .
- Butter(unsalted,softened) – 1/4 cup
- Sugar(powdered) – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract-1/2 tsp
- Red food color – 1tbsp or Beetroot juice for red color-4 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
- Curd- 1/2 cup
- Maida/all purpose flour – 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degree c.
- Mix in curd and baking soda and keep aside.In a bowl, Add butter,powdered sugar,vanilla essence and using a electric mixer, beat well on medium speed till fluffy.
- Add egg to it and beat it.Then add cocoa powder,food color(I don’t recommend adding food colors)or beetroot juice (it is healthy)and mix well.
- Add flour and curd mixture little by little and beat on low speed till it is blended well.
- Divide the batter evenly and Pour a spoonful of mix into muffin cups and take care to fill only 3/4th.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
For strawberry frosting:
- Strawberries – 1 1/2 cup
- Butter(softened) – 1 cup
- Sugar(powdered) – 11/2 cup
- vanilla extract – 1tsp
- Blend the strawberries until smooth like puree.In a bowl,add butter and beat well until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar and beat again.Add vanilla and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- For frosting, Fit a decorating bag with tip 18(I used the wilton decorating bag and tools)with filling.Fill only 1/2 full and decorate the top of cupcake.