Kadathanattu Chicken is popular in a place called vadakara ,northern part of Kerala. I got this recipe from “Pachamulaku” cookery show.This is a unique and different style of preparation. Hope you all love this..
- Chicken( cut into medium cubes) – 500 gms
- Ginger – 2” piece
- Garlic – 15
- Green Chilly – 4
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 2tbsp
- Onion(finely chopped,cut lengthwise) – 2
- Onion(cut into cubes) – 1
- Capsicum(cut into medium cubes) – 1
- Tomato (Take pulp and grind it into juice) – 2
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Chilly Sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves(finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves(chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Grind ginger,garlic and green chilly into a coarse paste. squeeze out the juice and keep aside. Don’t discard the coarse paste mix.
- Marinate chicken with red chilly powder,Kashmiri chilly powder,ginger-garlic-green chilly juice,and salt.set aside for 1 hour.shallow fry chicken pieces till done.
- In the mean time, fry chopped onions till crispy and brown.
- Then saute onions cubes in the oil(the same we used for frying chicken) till light brown.
- Add fried chicken pieces, ginger-garlic-green chilly coarse mix,capsicum,tomato juice,pepper powder and mix well.
- Add chilly sauce,tomato sauce,curry leaves and coriander leaves.Check for salt and add if needed.stir well and cook till dry.
- Remove from fire.
- Serve with Rice or Roti.
This curry is prepared using brinjal and prawns in a less spicy masala. it goes well with Rice or Roti.
- Brinjal(cut into medium thin slices) – 5
- Prawns – 250 gms
- Cumin seeds – 3/4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 1/4 tbsp
- Green Chilly –2
- Garlic – 4
- Ginger – 1/2 “ piece
- Tomato (cut into medium pieces) – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Heat oil in a pan and fry brinjal pieces till both sides are light brown.strain and keep aside.
- In the same oil fry prawn pieces(don’t over cook prawns as prawn tend to be rubbery) till golden brown.
- Make a paste of 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds,1 tbsp mustard seeds,green chilly ,garlic and ginger.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in another pan.Splutter 1/4 tbsp mustard seeds,curry leaves and 1/4 tbsp cumin seeds. once it is done,add the paste to it and saute well.
- Add tomato pieces and fry well. once tomatoes are all done, add turmeric powder and salt to it. Stir well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water(if you want more curry, u can add more water) to it and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire.Serve with rice.
Today I am going to share an easy and delicious recipe of Paneer and Capsicum in a thick gravy.This goes well with roti,Naan or Bread.
- Paneer(cottage cheese,cut into cubes) – 250 gms
- Capsicum/Bell pepper – 2
- Tomato (chopped) – 2
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic(chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilly (make a paste) – 3
- Cumin seeds/Jeerakam – 1 tbsp
- Ginger(cut lengthwise) – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori Methi powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- soak dry red chilly in little water for sometime. Make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.splutter cumin seeds and once it starts to brown,add chopped onion and saute well.
- Add chopped ginger,ginger-garlic paste,chilly paste,tomato chopped and mix well.
- Add capsicum pieces(you can add different colored capsicum if you like),garam masala ,salt and stir well to get coated with the masala.
- Finally add paneer cubes ,salt ,kasoori methi powder and mix gently.Stir cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from fire.Garnish with coriander leaves.