Moong daal(Cherupayar) or green gram is rich in vitamins and fibre.In Kerala,Moong daal is commonly used to prepare payasam and puzhukku, which is a good combo for rice porridge(kanji).You can make salad with Sprouted moong daal.Here is a quick and nutritious recipe of moong daal with egg.Enjoy!
- Moong Daal(Cherupayar) – 1 cup
- Egg –2
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Shallots – 4
- Garlic pods– 2
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- pressure cook Moong daal with turmeric powder,salt and water.Grind grated coconut,curry leaves,shallots,ginger,garlic into a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Once it is done,add coconut mix to it and stir well.
- Once the raw smell goes,add boiled daal to it and mix well.cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally add beaten egg to it and scramble well.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
- serve with porridge or rice.
My 6 yr old daughter is a big fan of paneer and she loves it in any form. As egg and paneer contains lot of proteins, its a healthy curry for kids.Tastes great with chapathi and most Indian breads (all forms of naan, roti etc).
- Paneer (cottage cheese) – 150 gms
- Onion – 2
- Egg – 1
- Capsicum (chopped) – 1
- Ginger –garlic paste – 1tbsp
- kashmiri Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Tomato (chopped) – 1
- Tomato sauce – 2tsp
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Vegetable oil
- Curry leaves or coriander leaves
- Heat oil in pan. Saute ginger-garlic paste and chopped onions.
- Once onion turns golden brown in color, add tomatoes, capsicum, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt to it and mix.
- Add egg to it and scramble well.Add tomato sauce and soy sauce to it.
- Finally add paneer cubes to it. cover and cook with little water for sometime.
- Remove from heat and garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti or Rice.
This goes to JFI-Paneer