This is a rich and tangy dish that is easy to make.it goes well with rice or Naan.
- Paneer(grated) – 250 gms
- Onion(medium,cut into long thin pieces) – 2
- Bell pepper/Capsicum – 1
- Ginger(cut into long thin pieces) – 1 “ piece
- Garlic (cut into long thin pieces) – 8
- Cardamom pods – 3
- Cashewnuts – 1/2 oz
- Cinnamon –1”piece
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Tomatoes(medium) – 3
- Red chilly powder – 1tsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Coriander leaves
- Fresh cream – to garnish
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add onion,ginger,garlic,cinnamon and cardamom.
- Fry till the onions turn brown in color.
- remove from fire. Blend the above mix in a blender along with tomato to a puree.
- Fry the paste in ghee again for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste,diced capsicum,cashewnut pieces and chili powder.
- Add grated paneer and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add milk to ti and cook till gravy becomes thick.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and a drizzle of fresh cream.
- serve hot with rice or Naan.
Recipe Source; Siliconeer.com
Aviyal is a popular traditional dish in Kerala cuisine and no sadhya is complete without aviyal. It is commonly prepared with vegetables like beans,yam,plantain,drumstick,carrot. But this is a different type of aviyal prepared using paneer,carrot and beans in a coconut – curd mix.
Readymade Paneer (cut lengthwise) –100gms
French Beans (cut lengthwise) – 1/2 cup
Carrot(cut lengthwise) – 1
Green Chilly – 2
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilly Powder – 1/4 tsp
Curd(sour) – 1/2 cup
Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
Cut paneer,beans and carrot lengthwise.
Heat a pan. Boil the vegetables with turmeric powder,chilly powder and salt.
Grind grated coconut with green chilly,curry leaves into a coarse paste.
Once the vegetables are cooked, add paneer to it. Let paneer cook for 2 more minutes.Add curd to it and stir well.Take care not to break paneer pieces while stirring.
Add coconut mix to it and mix well.Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from fire.
Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil mixed with1 tsp of water to it.
Garnish with curry leaves.
If you want ,you can substitute curd with raw mango.
Paneer Aviyal ready to serve with Rice.
This is a chettinad style paneer curry prepared using spicy and aromatic masala.This goes well with rice or roti.
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Onion(chopped,medium) – 1
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Peppercorns – 6
- Garlic – 2
- Cardamom –1
- Clove – 2
- Cinnamon stick –1/4” piece
- Cumin seeds –1/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds –1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds(uluva) – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds(perumjeerakam) – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and fry paneer cubes till light brown.Soak fried paneer in cold water to keep soft.otherwise it will be hard after frying.
- Roast grated coconut,peppercorns,garlic(chopped),cloves,cardamom,fennel seeds,cinnamon stick,cumin seeds,coriander seeds,fenugreek seeds.Once aroma comes, add red chilly powder and stir well.
- Immediately remove from fire to avoid burning.Let it cool and grind it to a fine paste adding little amount of water..
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute chopped onions till light brown.
- Add the masala paste to it.Add salt to it.Stir well and once the oil clears,add 1/2 cup of water and cook.
- Once it starts to boil,add fried paneer cubes to it and mix.cover and cook for 2 minutes to get mixed with the masala
- Remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.