This is a spicy mushroom curry prepared using Indian spices in a onion-tomato gravy.It tastes great with Roti.
- Mushroom –250gms
- Onion(chopped,medium) – 2
- Onion(cut into cubes) – 1
- Capsicum(cut into cubes) – 1
- Green Chilly(slit lengthwise) -2
- Ginger-garlic paste –1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder –1 1/2 tsp
- Tomato (chopped) –1
- Cloves -2
- Cinnamon stick – 1’piece
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Cardamom pods -2
- kasoori methi powder –1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds– 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder –1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Wash and clean the Mushrooms.cut into 4 medium pieces.
- Heat little oil in a pan.Fry mushroom pieces till half cooked.
- For the kadai masala,Dry roast ingredients numbered 11-16 and grind it into a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pan.saute chopped onions till light brown.Add ginger garlic paste and once it is done,add turmeric powder,red chilly powder, coriander powder and saute it.
- Once the raw smell goes and nice aroma comes,add chopped tomato and mix well.
- Add the powdered masala and stir well.
- Add fried mushroom,onion cubes,capsicum and green chilly.Add little hot water to it and mix well.let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and sprinkle cumin powder on top of the masala.
Recipe Source : Vanitha Magazine
Kerala is the land of coconut trees and the coconut tree is called kalpa vriksham, which essentially means all parts of a coconut tree is useful in some way or other.Tender coconut juice is nutritious and the pulp is used for making pudding or spicy curry. Karikku Masala is prepared using Tender coconut pieces in a spicy masala gravy.Hope you all will love this spicy masala recipe of tender coconut.
- Karikku (Tender coconut) – 1
- Grated Coconut( To extract coconut milk) – 2 cups
- Onion (chopped,medium) – 1
- Shallots – 4
- Ginger- garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Green Chilly(cut length wise) –1
- Turmeric powder – 12 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kasoori methi – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeerakam) – 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Scoop out the pulp and cut into small pieces.Extract thick coconut milk by grinding grated coconut in a mixer with out adding water.This is the first extracted milk. Again grind the extracted fiber by adding 1 1/2 cups of warm of water and strain.This is second extracted milk.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute chopped shallots,onion,ginger garlic paste and green chilly.Add tender coconut pieces to it and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the masala powders (before adding, mix the powders with water to a paste to avoid burning) to it and mix well.
- Add 2nd extracted coconut milk to it and let it cook for sometime.
- Once it is cooked well,add thick coconut milk,coriander leaves,kasoori methi and salt.Stir well.Don’t let it boil.Remove from fire.
- Heat oil in another pan. Splutter mustard seeds,cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add the seasonings to the gravy.
- Garnish with Curry leaves.
- This masala curry goes well with rice.
These semolina kebabs are prepared with semolina,vegetables and minced chicken..This yummy snack can be served with hot chilly sauce or garlic sauce.
- Semolina(rava) – 1 cup
- Milk- 1 1/2 cup
- Egg –2
- Butter-50 gms
- Grated cheese –1/2 cup
- Grated Paneer – 1/2 cup
- Grated Carrot-1/4 cup
- Chopped onion –1
- Green Chilly(cut into small pieces) – 4
- Coriander leaves(chopped) –1/4 cup
- Red Chilly powder –3/4 tsp
- salt- as per taste
- Minced chicken – 1/2 cup
- Bread crumbs – as required
- Heat a pan.Add rava to it and just warm it.
- Add milk to it and stir well to avoid lumps..Add 1 beaten egg,butter to it and stir continuously to get a thick consistency.Let it cool.
- Once it is cool,add ingredients numbered 5 to 13 to it and mix well. Take one handful of mix and roll into a sausage like shape.
- Dip the balls in beaten egg mix and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- serve with chilly sauce.
Recipe Source: Vanitha Magazine