This is my own style of making vegetable biriyani. This is a 100% healthy food for the fussy eaters.it is easy to make if you are running out of time. you can add any type of veggies while making biriyani.it tastes great with green chutney and raita.
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Onion(chopped) -3
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Green peas(boiled) – 1/4 cup
- Carrots (chopped) –2
- French beans – 1/4 cup
- soy chunks(boiled) – 1/4 cup
- Potato(chopped) – 1
- Cinnamon – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Bay leaves –2
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- water – 2 cups
- Coriander leaves
- wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add rice and fry for 10 minutes till crispy.
- Boil 2 cups of water and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.Fry cumin seeds, cinnamom,cloves, bay leaves.
- Add chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste and saute well.
- Add chopped vegetables and fry for 2 minutes.Add rice and salt.
- Finally add previously boiled water (add water double the quantity of rice) to it and mix well.sprinkle a pinch of turmeric powder to it to get a yellow color.
- close lid and bring to full cooking pressure on maximum heat. then reduce to low flame and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Allow cooker to cool gradually.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with coriander chutney,papad and raita.
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
- Green chilly –2
- Grated coconut –1/4 cup
- Tamarind – 1 tbsp
- Garlic pods – 3
Grind all the above ingredients into a paste.
- Onion(chopped) –2
- Tomato(chopped) –2
- Green Chilly(chopped) –2
- Curd – 1/2 cup
Mix all the above ingredients well to make yummy raitha.