Lazy Daisy Cake
- All Purpose flour/maida – 1 cup
- Eggs (at room temperature) -2
- Sugar -1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 Tsp
- Brown sugar(light) – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 5 Tbsp
- Heavy cream or Milk – 1/4 cup
- Shredded sweetened coconut – 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease and flour a 8 inch baking pan.
- In a sauce pan,heat milk ,vanilla essence and butter and once it starts to boil,remove from flame.let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl,beat 2 eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar and beat until it is thick and lemon colored.
- Stir in 1 cup maida,baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk mix to it and beat to get combined well.
- Pour the batter into greased pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the edges begin to pull away from the pan or a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- For topping , heat a pan.Addbrown sugar,butter,milk or heavy cream and let it boil.
- once it starts to boil, add shredded coconut and mix well.
- Pour the topping over the warm cake.
- Place under broiler (settings -high level) for 3 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and bubbling.while broiling,make sure not to get burned .
- Store at room temperature for 3 days
Recipe source: king Arthur baking