Surprise Inside Heart Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cake Mix – 1
- Red Gel Coloring
- Heart Cutter(small)
- Cupcake Liners
- Preheat Oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, add cake mix and add ingredients as instructed on back of the cakemix box.
- Separate 2 cups of white cake mix into another bowl. Add red gel coloring drop by drop till u get a nice red color.
- Grease a small square(8 inch) cake pan with oil and all purpose flour.
- Transfer the red cake batter into the pan and tap gently to get rid of air pockets.
- Once preheating is done, bake for 20 minutes or insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean then it is done.
- Once it is cool, use a heart shaped cutter to cut around 8 hearts from the baked cake and keep aside.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Pour in 1 tbsp. of white cake batter into it and place the heart shaped cake into the center, facing flat to the front.
- Add two more tbsp. of white batter on top of the heart slowly. Make sure your batter is over the heart or else the heart cake will pop-up once it is baked.
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
- Let it cool. If you like you can do butter cream icing too on top.
- Once you cut the cupcake in half you’ll be surprised with a red little heart.
Recipe credits:Cupcake Jemma YouTube channel