- All Purpose flour/self raising flour – 2 cups
- Sugar(superfine) – 1 Tbsp
- Butter – 1/3 cup
- Glazed Cherries(chopped) – 3 tbsp
- Golden Raisins – 3 tbsp
- Egg (beaten) – 1
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Sieve the flour, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl.Rub in butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the glazed cherries and raisins.Add the beaten egg.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of milk for glazing.
- Add the remaining milk to the mix.
- Mix together to form a soft dough.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 2 cm and cut out 8 scones using a 2 inch cutter.
- Lightly grease a baking tray.place the scones on to the baking tray and brush with the reserve milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven 220degree C/425 degree F for 10 minutes until scones are golden brown
- leave to cool on a wire rack.
- serve split and buttered.