Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1 3/4 cups
- Baking Powder -1 tsp
- vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Butter(softened to room temperature) -1/2 cup
- Eggs (Room temperature) – 2
- Granulated Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Pineapple Juice -1/2 cup
- Salt -1/4 tsp
For the Glaze & Topping
- Melted Butter(unsalted) -1/4 cup
- Brown Sugar(light) -1/2 cups
- Pineapple Rings(I used Canned ones)- 7
- Red Cherries – 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F .
- In a mixing bowl,add melted butter and brown sugar.using a whisk ,mix well to get smooth texture.
- Pour the mix into a 8 inch cake pan and smooth evenly using a spatula.
- Place the pineapple rings over it and cherries to the Centre of the rings.
- In another bowl,mix softened butter and sugar and whisk well.
- Add eggs one at a time .
- Add vanilla essence and pineapple juice.mix well .
- sift in flour,baking soda and salt.using a electric mixer whisk well to get a lump free batter.
- Pour the batter evenly over pineapple rings and smooth it out using a spatula.
- Place the baking pan on a baking tray .This is to avoid sugar bubbles run over .
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Run knife around the edges of the cake to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Place a plate over the top and flip it over.
- Tap and remove the cake from the pan.let it cool for 20minutes
- serve warm.
- you can store at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Note:Don’t put in the refrigerator as the cake edges gets really hard and crunchy