This is a mix of chocolate and vanilla and looks similar to zebra cake.kids will definitely love this yummy cake.
For White Batter
- Eggs- 4
- Butter – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Flour – 3 cups
- baking powder – 2 tsp
- salt – 1/4 tsp
For chocolate Batter
- Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Preheat Oven at 350degree F.Grease one 9 inch round pan and dust with flour or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Also you need 2 1/4 cup scoops,one for chocolate and one for white batter.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients flour ,salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl mix cocoa powder,milk and sugar.
- Mix butter with sugar until creamy.Add eggs one at a time until all is well mixed.
- Remove two cups of the white batter and mix with chocolate batter.
- Start with the chocolate batter.Put one scoop into the center of the pan and let it spread out by itself.Do not touch the batter once in the pan.
- Next put a scoop of the white batter in the center,on top of the chocolate batter.continue to alternate the batters,working quickly and letting each s coop of batter spread out evenly on it sown.
- it should look like chocolate and white circular rings on top when finished.
- Bake for 50 minutes .Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
Red Velvet Cupcakes are my kids favorite and you can make this for your kids too..This is an easy recipe to make during kids birthday parties and must try for beginners in baking.since I am a novice in decorating cakes ,it doesn’t look perfect like professional bakers .
- Butter(unsalted,softened) – 1/4 cup
- Sugar(powdered) – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract-1/2 tsp
- Red food color – 1tbsp or Beetroot juice for red color-4 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
- Curd- 1/2 cup
- Maida/all purpose flour – 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degree c.
- Mix in curd and baking soda and keep aside.In a bowl, Add butter,powdered sugar,vanilla essence and using a electric mixer, beat well on medium speed till fluffy.
- Add egg to it and beat it.Then add cocoa powder,food color(I don’t recommend adding food colors)or beetroot juice (it is healthy)and mix well.
- Add flour and curd mixture little by little and beat on low speed till it is blended well.
- Divide the batter evenly and Pour a spoonful of mix into muffin cups and take care to fill only 3/4th.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
For strawberry frosting:
- Strawberries – 1 1/2 cup
- Butter(softened) – 1 cup
- Sugar(powdered) – 11/2 cup
- vanilla extract – 1tsp
- Blend the strawberries until smooth like puree.In a bowl,add butter and beat well until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar and beat again.Add vanilla and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- For frosting, Fit a decorating bag with tip 18(I used the wilton decorating bag and tools)with filling.Fill only 1/2 full and decorate the top of cupcake.