Curry Leaves Chicken/Kariveppila Chicken
This is prepared using chicken and curry leaves in a spicy masala.Adding curry leaves enhance the flavor and for spiciness only pepper and green chilly are used.This goes well with rice or roti.
- Chicken(cut into cubes)– 1/2 kg
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Ginger(crushed) – 1 tbsp
- Garlic(crushed) – 6
- Green Chilly – 4
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tbsp
- Coriander powder –1/2 tbsp
- Yogurt-3 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 5 sprigs
For Garam Masala
- Peppercorns – 1tbsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1”
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tbsp
- Star anise –1
- Cardamom pods – 6
- Heat a pan.Saute curry leaves on low flame till it changes its color and crispy.transfer into a bowl and keep aside.
- In the same pan,add ingredients listed for the garam masala and saute for a minute on low flame.don’t let it burn.
- Grind the mix together with crispy curry leaves into a coarse powder.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add chopped onion,ginger,garlic,green chilly (you can add chilly according to your spiciness)and saute till onion turns light brown.
- Add turmeric powder,coriander powder to it and saute till raw smell goes.
- Add chicken pieces,curry leaves powder mix,yogurt ,salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium flame till chicken is cooked well and masala is coated well with chicken.
- Turn off the flame.Garnish with curry leaves
- serve as side dish with rice or roti.
Recipe source: Mia Kitchen