Tricolor Sooji Halwa
As India is celebrating 68th year of independence on August 15th, here I am celebrating with a Tri color halwa for my readers.
- Semolina/sooji/ Rava – 1 cup
- Ghee – 3/4 cup
- Sugar- 2 cups
- Water – 3 cups
- salt – a pinch
- Orange color – 3 drops
- Green Color – 3 drops
- Heat ghee in a wide bottomed pan. Add semolina and fry on low flame till u get a nice aroma.
- In the meantime boil water.Once semolina is done add boiled water to it and still well to avoid lumps.
- stir continously till all the water is absorbed.Add sugar and salt to it.I always add a pinch of salt while making any sweet dishes.
- Mix well and stir till u get a halwa consistency.
- switch off the flame.
- Divide halwa mixture into 3 bowls.mix green color in one,orange color in second and third one is white.
- Take a pan greased with ghee.put the green mix first and flatten it evenly using the back of spoon.
- Then put the one without any color and do the same as above. Finally put the orange mix and flatten it evenly.
- Let it cool for sometime.cut into desired shapes.
- If you want you can add nuts and raisins.