Masala idlis are prepared using left over idlis,onion and tomatoes sautéed with spices.It is delicious and easy to make this evening snack.
- leftover Iddlis(cut into cubes) – 5
- Onion(chopped) –2
- Tomato(cut lengthwise) –1
- Green Chilly –1
- Ginger(chopped) –1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder –1/2 tsp
- kashmiri Red Chilly powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 3/4 tsp
- Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds –1/4 tsp
- Urad daal(uzhunnu parippu)– 2 tsp
- Dry red Chilly –2
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Cut iddlis into cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan.Splutter mustard seeds,urad daal.once it changes color,add dry red chilly,curry leaves,ginger,green chilly,chopped onions and saute.
- Once onion turns brown in color,add turmeric powder,red chilly powder,asafoetida powder,chopped tomato and salt. Mix well.
- Once tomato turns soft,add garam masala and coconut milk(or you can add 1/2 cup of water).
- When it becomes thick,add iddlis and coriander leaves.Mix well and let it cook for 1more minute to get the masala coated evenly.Remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot tea as evening snack or you can have it for breakfast.
Recipe Source : Magic Oven by Lakshmi Nair