This curry is prepared by making omelette and cooked in spices and coconut milk.It goes well with rice or roti.
For Making Omelette:
- Egg – 4
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Green Chilly – 3
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 tsp
- Celery – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
For Masala Paste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder –1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder –2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder –1/2 tsp
- Cashewnuts(make a paste) – 25 gms
- Ginger – 1 “ piece.
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Tomato (chopped) – 2
- Green chilly – 3
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Coconut milk(thick) – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk (Thin) – 2 cups
- Make a paste of fennel seeds,coriander powder,red chilly powder,turmeric powder,garam masala,and ginger.
- In a bowl, add onion,green chilly,pepper pwoder,salt,coriander leaves,celery and eggs.beat well and make omelettes.cut omelette lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute chopped onions,tomatoes,green chilly and once it is done,add masala paste to it.
- once the raw smell goes,add thin coconut milk to it and stir well. let it boil.Add cashewnut paste mixed with thick coconut milk to it.Add it to the masala.
- Finally add omelette pieces to it and mix well.let it cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.serve with Rice or Roti.
- Mutton – 1/2 kg
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder –3 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1/2” piece
- Star anise –1
- Cardamom pods–7
- Fennel seeds/Perumjeerakam – 1 1/2 tsp
- Pepper corns – 1 tsp
- Shallots – 1 cup
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 2tsp
- Poppy seeds/Kuskus – 1 tsp
- Tomato (chopped) –1
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Dry roast ingredients numbered 2 to 9 till raw smell goes.don’t let it burn.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.sauté shallots till light brown.
- For the masala paste, take 2 shallots(sauteed) from the pan and grind along with the dry roasted mix , ginger-garlic paste,poppy seeds(soak in water for sometime and drain) into a fine paste.
- Once the shallots are light brown,add chopped tomato,curry leaves and saute well.Add the masala paste to it and mix well.
- Transfer the above masala mix into a pressure cooker.Add mutton pieces,required amount of water ,salt to it and mix well.
- Add vinegar to it.cover and cook for 3 –4 whistles till mutton is cooked well.
- Heat another pan and transfer the cooked mutton to it.Add curry leaves to it.Roast till all water is absorbed and dry.
- Mutton Perattu is ready to serve.
Recipe Source: Annies Kitchen(Amritha Tv)
Horse gram is a type of legume which is high in proteins and it can be added to our diet on a regular basis.I have read in a healthy magazine that regular intake helps to reduce cholesterol and lose weight.hope u all love this easy and simple chammanthi recipe which goes well with rice or porridge.
- Horse gram-2 tbsp
- Dry red Chilly- 6
- Urad dal/uzhunnu parippu –1 tsp
- Garlic –2
- Mustard seeds –1/2 tsp
- Tamarind – a small piece
- curry leaves
- Grated coconut –1 cup
- Heat a pan and dry roast horse gram till brown on low flame.Don’t let it burn.
- Add dry red chilly,urad dal,mustard seeds to the pan and dry roast it.
- Grind the roasted items along with grated coconut,tamarind,salt and curry leaves.Add little water to it while grinding. the chammanthi should be thick,not watery.
- serve with rice or Porridge.