Ayala-Muringayila Thoran/Mackerel-Drumstick Leaves stir fry
This is a different style of preparing thoran/stir fry using mackerel and drumstick leaves
- Mackerel/Ayala – 3
- Drumstick leaves – 1 cup
- Onion(chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Ginger9chopped) –1/4 tsp
- Garlic 9chopped) –1/4 tsp
- Green chilly – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
- curry leaves
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- In a pan,add mackerel,turmeric powder,1 tsp pepper powder,little water and salt.Cover and cook till done.
- Remove the bones from mackerel and crush it.
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute chopped onions,ginger,garlic and green chilly.
- Add drumstick leaves and salt.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Then Add mackerel and stir well.
- Add rice flour,remaining pepper powder,grated coconut,curry leaves to it.
- Mix well. cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from fire.
- Thoran/stir fry is ready to serve.
Recipe Source:Vanitha Magazine