This Mango shake is utterly delicious and a perfect refreshing drink for the hot summer weather .
- Mango(ripe) – 2
- Milk – 2 cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Ice cubes – 5
- Peel off the skin and dice mangoes into cubes.
- In a Blender, blend mangoes together with milk, sugar and crushed ice cubes.
- Garnish with chopped mango pieces.Serve Chill.
:- For healthy reasons, it is advisable to use low fat milk and less sugar.:-)
This goes to Festival Food Summer Treat hosted by Priti and RD for summer hosted by Anu.
Pineapple pachadi is a sweet dish made with pineapple,pink grapes and coconut.This is usually served as a side dish during marriages and kerala festivals like onam.
- Pineapple(ripe,medium) –1
- Grapes(rose) – 500gms
- Grated coconut – 1/2 of a coconut
- Cumin seeds(jeerakam) –1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1tsp
- Sugar – 4tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Peel off pineapple skin and chop into small pieces.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds and keep aside.also blend yogurt well
- Boil chopped pineapple pieces,turmeric powder,chilly powder and salt.
- once it is cooked well mash it using the back of a spoon.then add the coconut paste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- once it is done,add yogurt..Finally add grapes,sugar and mix well.Take care not to mash the grapes while stirring.once it starts boiling,remove from fire
- Heat oil in a pan .splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves and add the seasonings to the pachadi.
- serve with rice.