Pineapple pachadi is a sweet dish made with pineapple,pink grapes and coconut. This is usually served as a side dish during marriages and Kerala festivals like onam.
- Pineapple(ripe,medium) –1
- Grapes(rose) – 500gms
- Grated coconut – 1/2 of a coconut
- Cumin seeds(jeerakam) –1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1tsp
- Sugar – 4tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Peel off pineapple skin and chop into small pieces.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds and keep aside.also blend yogurt well
- Boil chopped pineapple pieces,turmeric powder,chilly powder and salt.
- Once it is cooked well, mash it using the back of a spoon.then add the coconut paste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Once it is done, add yogurt.Finally add grapes, sugar and mix well. Take care not to mash the grapes while stirring. Once it starts boiling, remove from fire.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves and add the seasonings to the pachadi.
- Serve with rice.