Spinach (Palak) is very nutritious and good for health. It is a very good source of iron. My daughter likes this green chappathi and you can have this with any type of vegetable curry. We had this with bhindi masala and it tastes great. If you are one of those amateur cooks who do not even know how to make normal chappathis, then watch this video first
- Palak (spinach) – 1 bunch
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1pinch
- Curd – 2tbsp
- Oil– 2tsp
- Oil – for frying
- Remove stalks of spinach and wash thoroughly. Blanch spinach till it wilts(shrinks and turns darker green). Drain and let it cool and then grind it into a fine paste.
- Add Turmeric powder, red chilly powder, asafoetida,curd and salt to the flour and mix gently using hand.
- Finally add spinach paste to it. Knead well into a smooth and soft dough.
- Keep covered with a damp cloth for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into equal sized balls.On a floured board roll a ball of dough into a flat round circle.
- Heat a griddle and fry till both sides are medium brown.
- Serve with curry and use pickle to make it more yummy.
- Spinach(palak) – 2 bunch
- Toor Dal – 3/4 cup
- Onion (big) -2
- Sambhar powder – 1 tbsp
- Tomato (medium,chopped) – 2
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Pressure cook toor daal,spinach,chopped tomato,sambhar powder,salt and required amount of water.
- Once it is done, open the lid and add coconut milk( or you can add coconut paste) to it and bring it to boil.
- Heat oil in a pan.splutter mustard seeds,red chilly,fenugreek seeds,curry leaves and add it to the curry.
- Serve with rice.
Thank you Vijaya of Dailymeals for passing me this award.
Iam passing this award to
Seena of simple and delicious
LG of Tasteof mysore
Bharathy of spicychilly
pravs of simplyspicy
Im sending this to CMT-Daal/Kadhi/Sambar/Rasam hosted by Priya
- Spinach – 1 bunch
- Potatoes (medium) – 3
- Cumin seeds(jeera) – 1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes 9chopped) – 2
- Boil potatoes with little turmeric powder,salt . Drain the water and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute cumin seeds ginger -garlic paste,Add turmeric powder,chilli powder,coriander powder,garam masala and fry for few mins. add chopped tomatoes,chopped spinach and stir well.cover and cook till spinach is soft.
- Add boiled potatoes to it and stir continuously until it gets dry.
- Serve with roti and pickle.
Last week Divya of divyascookbook has passed me nice matters award. Thanks a lot divya.
“Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”
now i would love to pass this award to
Vijaya of dailymeals
Priyanka of asankhana
Lakshmi of taste of Mysore
Asha of foodieshope
Once again i received the rocking blogger award .
Thank you so much madhavi for the award.