Cheera Sambhar(Palak Sambhar)
- Spinach(palak) – 2 bunch
- Toor Dal – 3/4 cup
- Onion (big) -2
- Sambhar powder – 1 tbsp
- Tomato (medium,chopped) – 2
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Pressure cook toor daal, spinach, chopped tomato, sambhar powder, salt and required amount of water.
- Once it is done, open the lid and add coconut milk( or you can add coconut paste) to it and bring it to boil.
- Heat oil in a pan.splutter mustard seeds, red chilly, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and add it to the curry.
- Serve with rice.
We love palak sambar/soppina huli as we call in Kannada. You have many more awards in my blog. Thanks for thinking of me for the award.
Sambhar looks so good…have not tried sambhar with spinach as yet. congrats on the award. Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award 🙂
Dal looks yummy…
Thanks for passing by and for your lovely comments. Palak sambar is new to me, surely i will try and let u know
Sambhar looks delicious!!! Thanks for sending it to CMT!!