Aloo ki Tarkari (Potato Delight)
This simple and delicious curry is prepared using boiled potatoes with spices and dried fenugreek leaves.it goes well with chappathi or roti.
- Potatoes (cut into small cubes,boiled) – 500gm
- Crushed ginger- 2”piece
- Green chilly – 2
- cumin(jeera) powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Aasafoetida(hing) –a small pinch
- Cloves(laung) –6
- Bayleaf(tej patta) –1
- Amchur powder(dried mango powder ) –1/2 tsp
- Dried fenugreek leaves(kasoori methi,soaked in water and crumbled) –3tbsp
- Oil –1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.Add asafoetida and cook till it dissolves.Add cloves and bay leaf and fry for 20 secs.
- Add the spice powders mixed with little water,chopped green chilly and crushed ginger.Fry for another 30secs.
- Add about 4 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Add boiled potatoes and salt.Reduce heat and cook till desired consistency is obtained.
- Sprinkled crumble dried fenugreek leaves to it and mix well.Remove from fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.(Since I don’t have coriander leaves in stock,I didn’t do the garnish
- Serve with roti.
- The actual recipe calls to mash potatoes after boiling.But I forgot to do it.
Recipe Source: Indian Fast Food By Pushpesh Pant.