Normally I make burfi with coconut and cashews..Bread burfi is new to me and when I saw the recipe on Food Food “Teatime with Rakesh Sethi” I wanted to give it a try.This is a must try for this Diwali and kids will definitely love this yummy burfi.
- Bread crumbs(soft) –2 cups
- Milk- 1 cup
- grated coconut – 2 cups
- sugar – 1 cup
- Oil/ghee –4tbsp
- Rose essence- 2-3 drops
- Cashewnuts(chopped) – 10-15
- Soak breadcrumbs in milk for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl,mix well grated coconut and sugar.
- Heat a non-stick kadai and transfer the above mix to it. stir well on low flame till the sugar melts.
- Add soaked breadcrumbs to it and stir well for about 5- 7 minutes to get mixed well.
- add chopped cashewnuts ,rose essence and ghee to it.
- Cook till the mixture leaves he sides of the pan.
- remove from fire.
- Grease a baking tray and transfer the mix and spread evenly.Let it cool for sometime.Keep in refrigerator for sometime to get set.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Garnish with cashewnuts.
- Yummy burfi is ready to serve.