Lauki(Bottle Gourd)Kofta Curry (ചുരയ്ക്ക കോഫ്ത കറി)
Bottle Gourd(Churakka) is rich in fibre and it helps in treating diabetes and digestive problems.Normally,Koftas are prepared using either vegetables,fish or meat.This curry is prepared with fried lauki balls in a thick curry sauce.This is specially for veggie lovers and it goes well with Paratha,Naan or rice.
For Making Kofta
- Lauki(grated) –1 cup
- grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Green Chilly(finely chopped) –1
- Coriander leaves(finely chopped) –1 tbsp
- Besan(Chick pea flour) – 1/4 cup
- Salt –1/2 tsp
- Oil – for frying
For the gravy
- Onion (chopped) – 1 cup
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chilly – 2
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Cumin (jeerakam) powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Curd –2tbsp
- Salt –1/2 tsp
- Water –1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves(chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Grate Lauki and squeeze out water as much as possible.Mix grated lauki with the above ingredients listed for making kofta.Make balls.
- Heat oil in a pan.Deep fry the balls till golden brown in color.Koftas are ready.
- For the gravy,Heat oil in a pan. Saute ginger-garlic paste.Add chopped onions,chopped green chilly and fry till brown.
- Add turmeric powder,red chilly powder,garam masala powder,cumin powder,tomato puree,salt and water.once oil gets separated,add curd to it and mix well.
- Add the koftas to it and let it boil.Turn off the heat and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.