Malabar Kai Pola-Banana Cake-Sweet Plantain Cake
Kaipola is a famous Malabar snack prepared using Ripe banana and Eggs.It is served during Iftar parties in the month of Ramadan.it is easy to prepare this yummy snack with less ingredients in your pantry.This is a healthy snack for kids.hope you all enjoy this sweet dish.
- Banana(Ripe,cut into small pieces) – 4
- Eggs – 5
- Ghee-4 tbsp
- Cashews – 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar- 5 tbsp
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a non stick pan. saute banana pieces till brown in color.
- In the same pan,fry cashews and raisins and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add eggs and beat well using a fork. Add sugar, cardamom powder to it and stir well.
- Then add sauteed banana pieces to it and mix well.
- Grease 1 tbsp ghee in a non stick pan and transfer the mix into it.
- Sprinkle fried raisins and cashews on top.
- Cover the pan with a tightly closed lid and cook on very low flame for about 15-20 minutes.After 15 minutes,open the lid and insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean,it is done.Take care not to get burned.
- Remove from fire and let it cool. Turn it over to a plate and cut into pieces.
- Serve as evening snack .