Masala Peanuts/Masala Kadala(മസാല കടല)
Masala kadala is a popular snack of south India. You can have this crunchy and crispy snack with evening tea or while watching TV:)
- Raw peanuts – 2 cups
- Chick pea flour(besan) – 3tbsp
- Red chilly powder – 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds(lightly crushed) – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic (cut lengthwise) – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Water – 8 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, put the peanuts. Mix besan with red chilly powder,turmeric powder,chopped garlic,cumin seeds and salt.
- Add water to it and mix to get a thick paste.
- Pour this over the peanuts and mix well until the peanuts are thoroughly coated.
- Heat oil in a pan .Fry the peanuts in batches for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat until light brown. stir slowly so that peanuts doesn’t get stick to each other.
- Drain on kitchen paper.In the same oil,fry curry leaves till brown and add it to the peanut mix.Once it is cool it will be crispy.
- Store in air tight jar for up to 2-3 weeks.
- Serve as tea time snack.
For video Preparation::https://youtu.be/RNOGgLUsqUQ