Egg Aviyal /Mutta Aviyal
- Egg (Boiled,cut lengthwise) – 3
- Drumstick (cut lengthwise) –1
- Potato (cut lengthwise) –1
- Raw Plantain (medium ) – 1
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 2
- Ginger –1 small piece
- Cumin seeds/jeerakam – 1tsp
- Shallots –4
- Green Chilly – 3
- Peppercorns – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder-1/4 tsp
- Indian Yogurt/Curd – 4 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Boil eggs and keep aside.
- Grind grated coconut,green chilly,shallots,garlic,ginger,cumin seeds,peppercorns into a coarse paste.
- In a Kadai,add drumstick,potato,plantain with little turmeric powder,salt and water and let it cook.
- once it is cooked well,add coconut paste and mix well.Let it cook for 2 minutes .
- Add yogurt/curd to it and stir well.
- Finally add boiled eggs to it and stir gently.(Take care not to break the egg pieces).
- Pour coconut oil over top of the aviyal.
- Remove from fire. Cover with a lid until serving.
- Serve with Rice.